How are you? So today we're going to talk about textured skin - you know like when you've got a spot but its not quite a spot but its still there and its just a bit bumpy? Thats what we call textured Skin and FYI its totally normal for us all to get.
Textured Skin is mainly caused by the build up of dirt and everyday grime which is the build up of dead skin cells on the skin. Note this can be on any part of your body! Some other causes are ageing and old scars from spots which generally makes the skin un even (and sometimes discoloured It can look rough and patchy and sometimes also red).
This leads to clogged pores which then makes the texture we're talking about. If you don't do anything to clear it, it will then lead to blackheads, whiteheads and pustles etc.
Ways to improve your textured skin
- Have chemical peels as these are the best exfoliants and you will get the best results
Recommendation: Pure, Glow or Refresh Peel - See more here
- Wear SPF everyday WITHOUT FAIL (I know i always pipe on about this but i swear you're going to thank me for it one day). Sun and UV exposure can also cause un even skin texture and different pore sizes.
Recommendation: Clinicicare Pure Sunsheild SPF or Avene Hydrance with SPF 30 (available in boots)
- Exfoliating Masks - these can help improve the appearance and calm down the rough or redness
Recommendations: REN Glycol Lactic Radiance mask
- Dermaplaning Facials - This is one of the best exfoliants you can get - PERIOD! Its the quickest way to remove dead skin. For best results combine with a Glow Acid peel - INSANE RESULTS!!! More info here
- Vitmain C serum - Evens and brightens your skin tone.
Recommendation: Medik8 Vitamin C radiance Serum
If you're going to exfoliate at home please DO NOT use a scrub or something with exfoliating beads in - they're too harsh for your epidermis (thats the top layer of skin) you will damage it. If you do use beads get products with water dissolvable bead sin.
If you're unsure about anything - Book a quick 15 minute facetime or face to face skin consultation with me - I'll help you find whats best. Whatsapp me on the little link below.
As always I hope you've learnt something today!
Love and glamour,