What is Lip Blush?
Lip blushing is a semi permanent cosmetic tattooing procedure achieved by depositing pigments in your lips using small needles (lip blushing).Lip blushing focuses on altering both colour or and shape to create younger and sometimes fuller looking lips. Everyone's lips are different, and there's no one standard of beauty. As we age our lips get thinner and lose their fullness due to the body slowing down the production of collagen which is vital in keeping our youthful appearance.
Lip blushing has the ability to add definition and create symmetry and fullness via illusion. I use the highest quality pigments with a range of different colours, whether you want a natural nude or a full popping red lip! All you’ll need to do is apply a lip balm or clear lip gloss and go!
Colour, shape and definition will be addressed in your pre-treatment consultation, in which a replica lip line will be carefully mapped and drawn onto your skin so that you can see exactly what the end result will look like. It’s important to remember that as with all micro-pigmentation treatments, the chosen colour will at first appear between 40-70% darker than it will be after healing has taken place and the epidermal cells have fully renewed (a process which can take up to 14 days). The final colour will heal up to 50% lighter dependant on your body.
Lip Blush is for both men and women.
Does it hurt?
It has been said that on a scale of 1 to 10 it is around a 5. We all have different pain thresholds and the level of discomfort can vary from client to client. Once the procedure has started I can apply another topical anaesthetic, to manage any discomfort through the procedure. Ladies please be aware that if you are menstruating at the time of the procedure you can be more sensitive and the pain can be heightened.
How long does it take?
Your appointment is a 2 hour appointment, however I can take up to 30-40 minutes perfecting your lip shape in pencil, before I even start the tattooing procedure. The measuring and drawing on of your lip is an extremely important part and not a part to be rushed, I want you to be completely satisfied with your lip shape and position before I start tattooing.
Each client is different and requires a different shape, I don’t use a transfer to draw your lips, each set of lips is bespoke and created for you.
How long does it last?
SPMU is a 2-part process, you will not have a complete set after your 1st appointment. At your 1st appointment you will be booked in for 4-6 weeks’ time for your re-touch. It is perfectly normal for your lips to fade from the 1st procedure and this varies from client to client. At the re-touch I will add pigment or extra pigment where they it is needed. This is usually a 60 minute appointment (making the full appointment time 3 hours).
Depending on your skin type and environmental factors (including aftercare) your lips should last for 12 – 24 months,
I recommend a colour boost at this time to keep your lips defined.
Are there any medical conditions that may prevent me having the treatment?
YOU MUST LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE OR HAVE HAD ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- History of MRSA
- Botox Blepharoplasty (Eyelid surgery)
- Forehead/Brow or Face lift
- Eye surgery/injury
- Hepatitis (A.B.C.D)
- Easy bleeding
- Abnormal Heart Condition
- Pregnant now/Breast feeding now
- Oily Skin
- Accutane or acne treatment
- Autoimmune Disorder
- Cancer - year__________
- Chemotherapy/Radiation treatment
- Tan by sunbed or sun in the past 30days
- Allergy to metal buttons/earrings etc.
- Allergy to dentists anesthetic
- Keloid scarring
- Chemical Peel in the last 30 days
- Taking blood thinners - Aspirin, Ibuprofen, alcohol, Coumadin, etc.
- Any other allergies to anything? If so please let me know.
- Any diseases or disorders not listed:
Do you use skin care products containing Retin A, Glycolic acid or alpha hydroxyl?
How should I prepare for a treatment?
- Absolutely NO sweating or exercise immediately before the procedure.
- No sun for 30 days before the treatment.
- Do NOT have a tan/sunburn on your face at your procedure (If you show up to your appointment with a TAN/SUNBURN you will be required to reschedule and you will lose your deposit). The determination of your skin/tan will be at our discretion.
- Do NOT take Aspirin, Fish oil, Coumadin, vitamin E and or ibuprofen unless medically necessary, 7 days prior to your procedure. Paracetamol is fine.
- One week before, stop taking vitamin B6, omega 3, gingko biloba and St. John’s wort as they contribute to thinning the blood and may affect how well the anaesthetic works. (You can take up your your vitamins again 72 hours later).
- Do NOT pick/wax/tweeze/perform electrolysis 7 days before the procedure.
- Do NOT have any type of facial 2 weeks before procedure.
- Do not have botox 30 days prior to the procedure.
To avoid excessive bleeding and potential damage to the SPMU lips:
- DO NOT drink alcohol 48 hours BEFORE the procedure.
- DO NOT consume caffeine 24 hours before the procedure.
What do I do after my appointment?
- FOLLOW YOUR AFTERCARE (this will be provided at consultation).
- Avoid sun for 30 days.
- Do NOT work out on the day of the procedure as the body heat expands the pores. It is recommended not to sweat heavily for the first 14 days after the procedure.
- Avoid direct shower water on the treated area after the procedure.
- Avoid scrubbing the treated area for at least 1 month.
- Avoid sleeping on your face during the first 14 days after the procedure.
- No swimming until the area is completely healed/avoid steam/spa/jacuzzis until healed.
- Only touch the area with squeaky clean hands during the healing process.
- Do not wax the lips for 14 days after procedure.
- Regular make up can be worn immediately after your procedure, just NOT on the lip area until healed.
ConsultationConsultation Time: 15 minutes.