Semi Permanent Brows
SPMU is Semi permanent make up, or tattooing. It is a method of implanting pigment/ink into the dermal layer of the skin.
I use the microblading, Combination and Ombre/Powder method by hand and by machine:
Microblading – I use a hand held tool (microblading pen – which is actually NOT a blade, but a row of pins that are thinner than a needle). The nature of the microblading tool allows me to create very fine, natural, crisp hair strokes that blend flawlessly into your natural brow and give a realistic look to the finished brow.
Combination Brows - This is a combination of Microblading and Ombre brows. It creates a fuller brow by adding a bit of shading for depth. Combination brows can be as bold or as natural as you like. These hold better and longer than microblading by its self.
Ombre/Powder Brows - This is a bold, fuller and dramatic look than microblading BUT they can be as natural as you like. My colour selection ranges from light blonde to grey to black and everything in between. Ombre brows are done by a machine and it adds dots of pigment to the skin rather than hair strokes. This is great way of covering up old SPMU, and is a good option if you have old SPMU and don't want to get them removed. don't worry - we I can cover them.
SPMU is for both men and women, it is suitable for those of you who have a small gap in the brow that simply will not grow in, or for those of you who need a full reconstruction.
How long does it take?
Your appointment is a 2 hour appointment, however I can take up to 30-40 minutes perfecting your brow shape in pencil, before I even start the tattooing procedure. The measuring and drawing on of your brow is an extremely important part and not a part to be rushed, I want you to be completely satisfied with your brow shape and position before I start tattooing.
Each client is different and requires a different shape, I don’t use a transfer to draw your brows, each pair of brows is bespoke and created for you.
How long does it last?
SPMU is a 2-part process, you will not have a complete set after your 1st appointment. At your 1st appointment you will be booked in for 4-6 weeks’ time for your re-touch. It is perfectly normal for your brows to fade from the 1st procedure and this varies from client to client. At the re-touch I will add pigment or extra hair strokes where they are needed. This is usually a 60 minute appointment (making the full appointment time 3 hours).
Depending on your skin type and environmental factors (including aftercare) your brows should last for 12 – 24 months, I recommend a colour boost at this time to keep your brows defined.
Does it hurt?
Most people say that the tweezing beforehand is more painful, and it has been said that on a scale of 1 to 10 it is around a 3. We all have different pain thresholds and the level of discomfort can vary from client to client. Once the procedure has started I can apply another topical anesthetic, to manage any discomfort through the procedure. (Ladies please be aware that if you are menstruating at the time of the procedure you can be more sensitive and the pain can be heightened).
Are there any medical conditions that may prevent me having the treatment?
YOU MUST LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE OR HAVE HAD ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- History of MRSA
- Botox Blepharoplasty (Eyelid surgery)
- Forehead/Brow or Face lift
- Eye surgery/injury
- Hepatitis (A.B.C.D)
- Easy bleeding
- Abnormal Heart Condition
- Brow/Lash tint in the last 30 days
- Pregnant now/Breast feeding now
- Oily Skin
- Accutane or acne treatment
- Autoimmune Disorder
- Cancer - year__________
- Chemotherapy/Radiation treatment
- Tan by sunbed or sun in the past 30days
- Allergy to metal buttons/earrings etc.
- Allergy to dentists anesthetic
- Keloid scarring
- Chemical Peel in the last 30 days
- Taking blood thinners - Aspirin, Ibuprofen, alcohol, Coumadin, etc.
- Any other allergies to anything? If so please let me know.
- Any diseases or disorders not listed:
Do you use skin care products containing Retin A, Glycolic acid or alpha hydroxyl?
How should I prepare for a treatment?
- Absolutely NO sweating or exercise immediately before the procedure
- No sun for 30 days before the treatment
- Do NOT have a tan/sunburn on your face at your procedure (If you show up to your appointment with a TAN/SUNBURN you will be required to reschedule and you will lose your deposit). The determination of your skin/tan will be at our discretion.
- Do NOT take Aspirin, Fish oil, Coumadin, vitamin E and or ibuprofen unless medically necessary, 7 days prior to your procedure. Paracetamol is fine.
- One week before, stop taking vitamin B6, omega 3, gingko biloba and St. John’s wort as they contribute to thinning the blood and may affect how well the anaesthetic works. (You can take up your your vitamins again 72 hours later.)
- Do NOT pick/wax/tweeze/perform electrolysis 7 days before the procedure
- Do NOT have any type of facial 2 weeks before procedure
- Do not have botox 30 days prior to the procedure.
To avoid excessive bleeding and potential damage to the SPMU brows:
- DO NOT drink alcohol 48 hours BEFORE the procedure
- DO NOT consume caffeine 24 hours before the procedure
What do I do after my appointment?
- FOLLOW YOUR AFTERCARE (this will be provided at consultation)
- Avoid sun for 30 days
- Do NOT work out on the day of the procedure as the body heat expands the pores. It is recommended not to sweat heavily for the first 14 days after the procedure
- Avoid direct shower water on the treated area after the procedure
- Avoid scrubbing the treated area for at least 1 month
- Avoid sleeping on your face during the first 14 days after the procedure
- No swimming until the area is completely healed/avoid steam/spa/jacuzzis until healed
- Only touch the area with squeaky clean hands during the healing process
- Do not wax the brows for 14 days after procedure
- Do not tint the brows for 30 days after the procedure
- Regular make up can be worn immediately after your procedure, just NOT on the brow area until healed.
Pre Draw Consultation Price: £15
All treatments are payable over 3 payments, deposit, initial appointment and then top up appointment. Please note deposits are non refundable or transferable.
BOOKING FEE: £50.00 - ON THE DAY: £165 - TOP UP: £50
BOOKING FEE: £50.00 - ON THE DAY: £195 - TOP UP: £50
BOOKING FEE: £50.00 - ON THE DAY: £200 - TOP UP: £50
Note: Top up must be performed within 6-8 weeks. there is an extra charge if it goes over this time frame.Annual Colour Boost's
- skin type
- skincare routine
- and the frequency of touch-ups.
- 6-8 months: £90
- 8-12 months: £120
- 12-18 months: £140
- 18-24 months: £155
- 24+ months: Price on consultation.